Saturday, December 03, 2005

FEARLESS PREDICTIONS

DAWGS 23 – LSU TIGERS 17

That is my humble prediction. In previous posts this week, I have indicated what I hope to see from our defense and place kicker. In this brief post, I will offer my flawless advice to Coach Richt for the offense.

Throw the ball to Pope!

In addition to that permanent command, I would like to see Kregg Lumpkin get a heavy share of the rushing load if he is running hard like he did against Tech. Our O-Line will have to have their best game yet to make holes for our three-headed running back to find room to scamper. The line will also have to continue to provide DJ Shockley with the solid protection that he has received all season.

Obviously, we cannot afford to drop passes tonight, especially on third down. I expect DJ to look sharp and to use his legs a little more than he did last week. I promise you that DJ will lay it all on the line to win this game. He is a great competitor and this will be his signature, career-defining game. At the end of this game, we will all be flummoxed about how we could have ever had any concerns about DJ back in the summer.

Here is how the Dawgs will get their 23 points. Field goals of 33, 44 and 48 yards. A one yard TD run by Southerland or Lumpkin. A 22 yard TD pass to Pope on a z corner route.

The Tigers will kick one short field goal. One TD will be a long TD pass in broken coverage to one of their jetpack receivers. Maybe 65 yards. The other will be an 8 play, 71 yard drive ending with a TD by Russell on a sneak.

If you want more information, for example, too much information, please see Kyle King who projects the Dawgs to win 20-16. Yeah, Kyle!

There it is. My fearless prediction. Now I can go to bed and wake up for a great day of football and much rejoicing for Navy and Bulldog fans.

For the record, I do not expect any surprises in the other games. USC will pistol whip UCLA, Texas will run roughshod over Colorado, and VPI will mercifully euthanize the Noles by only beating them by 28 points.

GO DAWGS! G.A.T.F.A.

No comments: