Friday, October 03, 2008

FOOTIE PICKER Weekend of 10/4

Last week, figuring no one could do worse than I was doing, I let my business partner pick for me. In fairness, he doesn't watch many games and never reads about college football. He did worse than me going 3-9. Now, for the year, I am 24-39. I may shoot for a nolo this week.

Actually, I am letting my kids pick for me this week. Here are the games picked by Hampton (age 5):

Penn State 12.5 PURDUE YEP
Maryland 13.5 VIRGINIA NOPE
OLE MISS 2.5 South Carolina YEP
GEORGIA TECH 14 Duke NOPE
Auburn 4.5 VANDERBILT NOPE
MICHIGAN 2.5 Illinois YEP
Missouri 10.5 NEBRASKA YEP

And here are the games picked by Annie (age 8):

Texas 13.5 COLORADO YEP
MIAMI 2 Florida State YEP
Florida 24.5 ARKANSAS NOPE
ALABAMA 16 Kentucky YEP
AIR FORCE 5.5 Navy YEP
Ohio State 1.5 WISCONSIN NOPE
SOUTHERN CAL 16 Oregon YEP

I am confident these picks will be better than what I would have done on my won. The above picks that I like the least are FSU, Texas and maybe USC. Update: The kids went 9-5. I believe I will use them again next week.

No comments: