Tuesday, October 07, 2008

MUMME POLL

Senator Blutarsky at Get the Picture has initiated a new, fresh poll that he has dubbed "The Mumme Poll." The basics of the poll are described here. It is pretty simple... see my ballot for this week below.

Here are my Top 5 in no particular order:

Oklahoma
Alabama
Missouri
LSU
Penn State

The next seven in no particular order:
BYU
Georgia
Florida
USC
Texas
Ohio State
Vanderbilt

Comments: I have seen all of these teams play at least once except PSU. Most teams I have seen play a few games.

The Top 5 are unchanged from last week. In the next 7, I needed to replace Auburn but the rest stayed put. I struggled with the last team I would include in the second group and decided on Vanderbilt because I have watched them play SC and AU and parts of their Ole Miss game. I know they have caught some breaks, but I think they play faster than expected and they have enough offensive weapons to lose no more than 2 games. I can't say the same about Texas Tech and Ok State so I left them out even though they have scored a bunch of points against a bunch of nobodies. I think that Vandy has beaten better competition than TT and Ok ST. I guess I am not all that swayed by "style points." I mention this because I am trying not to be a homer for the SEC, but I chose the 12th team based on that reasoning. So Auburn gets replaced by the team that beat them.

I spent about 20 minutes putting this together. It helped that only one of my Top 12 lost this week. But I didn't see anything Saturday that would influence me to drop one of the other 11 teams.

Here are the results of all 59 ballots submitted.

No comments: