Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I LOVE THE REAL AMERICA... THE ONE WITH GREAT BIG BRASS BALLS

I try not to get political in this space, but a friend of mine asked me to blog about America for Veterans Day. Not that I am especially qualified, but I am an American Veteran, my forefathers were Americans Veterans, most of my best friends are American Veterans, and I still proudly believe in the America for which we raised our right hands and took the following oath:

I, [name], do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me GOD.

There was a time when the enemies of America were mostly foreign and easy to identify. Now, we have more and more domestic enemies and while many Americans are not afraid to identify them, our gutless Washington leadership is unwilling to acknowledge the truth for fear of offending someone. But guess what, the Washington hand-wringing, stuttering, stammering and outright willful ignorance of threats to American security offend me and many America-loving Americans!

Last week, an Islamic extremist in the U.S. Army, committed a heinous act of murder and mayhem against our troops and civilians at the Fort Hood Army Base in Texas. This particular Muslim hated America and used his hatred of the country I love to fuel his act of terror against others who loved and served this country. For me, this is black and white. He hated America and killed as many Americans as he could before being stopped by a real American hero. Why did he hate America? Because he loved his Islamic jihadist brethren from foreign lands and desired to kill Americans because his particular brand of his religion tells him this is noble. His act of terrorism may make him a hero to Islamic jihadists, but I am an American Veteran and his act makes him a despicable sub-human asshole in my eyes. I can confidently say that all of my American Veteran forefathers and friends would also judge this man to be a piece of shit not worth the lead in the bullet that should be used to kill him. So why do liberals in Washington and the American mainstream media balk at identifying him as an Islamic jihadist who hated America? Why? Because they have no balls.

I am sick and tired of being told that we should not rush to judgment and that his being a Muslim does not necessarily make him an Islamic jihadist. Technically that is true in the abstract. But in light of his actions both before and during his act of terror, please save the apologizing, appeasement and excuse-making and just call it what it is! The fucker killed 13 Americans and injured over 30 more while chanting Allah Akbar. He did this as an act of terror for what he anticipated to be glory for his faith. So don't tell me what to think. I already see and recognize the truth about this guy. I am offended that Washington and the media won't acknowledge the truth because they are afraid of offending someone else. Well, they damn sure aren't too concerned about offending the victims and the families of the fallen in Fort Hood, American Veterans or Americans who still love America. Their concern is to avoid offending Muslims in foreign lands or the Muslims here in America who sympathize with the jihadists. Their failure to call it what it is, does a grave disservice to the victims and their families.

This is not a war against all of Islam. But, it is a war against the brand of Islam that preaches that its followers should kill Americans. It is also a war against all brands of Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism, Hindi, Taoism, Scientology, atheism, agnosticism and any other "ism" that encourages its followers to kill Americans pursuant to its dogma. (For fairness, I invite you to list in the comments all Christians, Jews, Buddhists, Taoists, Hindis, etc who hate America and are actively seeking to kill Americans.)

It is not because he was a Muslim that he killed our fellow Americans. It was because he was an Islamic extremist who believed that America is the Great Satan and that American non-Muslims are infidels whom should be killed in the name of Islam. If a Christian committed an act of terror against Americans because he believed that his religion gave him permission to kill my fellow countrymen, I would condemn him and his beliefs without reservation. It doesn't matter to me if you are a Jew, a Buddhist, a Moonie, an atheist or one who worships Thor. If you hate America and want to harm it, you are an enemy against whom I swore to defend the U.S. Constitution and by extension the American way of life. Religion, of any kind, is no excuse to kill my fellow Americans. However, in the current state of affairs, it is indeed one particular brand of one particular religion that is the root cause of the largest security threat against American citizens and that is Islamic Extremism. It is nothing else. I'll say it again. The threat is from Islamic extremism and no other religion. Why are our Washington leaders and mainstream media such pussies that they can't acknowledge this truth? Do they also hate America and want to see it come to harm?

I know that not all Muslims are extremist America haters. I know that Islamic jihadists are a subset of the Islamic faith. I know that there are wonderful Muslims in America and in the world. I spent a week with one such family in Turkey during Ramadan a few years ago and finer folks I have never met. But, let me be very clear on this point: any Muslim that does not condemn the brand of Islam that leads to terrorist acts against my countrymen is on the wrong side of my belief system in this world and they are an enemy of America.

Here is my deal... I am an American regardless of my religion. I am an American regardless of my race. I am an American regardless of my ethnic heritage. If you hate America, you can kiss my ass. If you want to kill Americans, I want you to be killed before you succeed. In case I have left any ambiguity, here is how I see the world: America = good. People who hate America and want to kill Americans = bad. Politicians or media members who make excuses or apologies for people who hate America and kill her citizens = bad. I don't see us meeting in the middle on this one. I don't see much room for compromise here.

I am an American Veteran. I love America and want America to triumph over all her enemies foreign and domestic. Here is my Veterans Day toast...

Here's to America and here's to you.
I love America and you should too.
But if by chance you disagree...
Fuck you, here's to me!

GO AMERICA, GATA!

2 comments:

Ally said...

My greatest regret is that i didn't serve my country in a branch of the United States Military like so many of my family members & friends. That post was the most passionate & heartfelt vision of truth i've read concerning the Fort Hood Massacre by a Domestic Islamic Terrorist.

I've mentioned in a couple of tweets since the Ft Hood Terrorist Attack how incensed i am that the libtard Media, Washington spin-doctors & especially the Obama Administration has had the audacity to refer to these vile Murders as a "tragedy" rather than what it is, act of Domestic Islamic Terrorism. To call it anything else is an incomprehensible insult to the very Soldiers who provide the FREEDOM & LIBERTY the Obama Admin, Congress, the libtard Media & Washington spin-doctors, etc enjoy so lavishly without sacrifice or consequence.

What really angers me though is the lack of attention by our Political Leaders & Media to recognize that the largest group of individuals that exist to serve & protect the rights, life, liberty & freedom of Muslims worlwide are our American Military Soldiers!!!!! It's been the American Soldier that has brought Freedom to oppressed Muslims. It's the American Soldier that saved countless Muslims from tyranny, torture & death. And it was American Soldiers that provided life-saving medical treatment to that evil, scumbag, son of a bitch Hasan that sought to murder them simply for not agreeing with his fucked-up ideology! (Pardon my french)

Thank you Hamp for this gift to all our Heroic Veterans, including yourself, today. Most importantly thank you for reminding us all why you so willingly sacrificed your life & pursuit of happiness so that every American could live in Freedom, Liberty & Peace. May God bless you & your family abundantly always. Non sibi sed patriae.

Finally, this poem is one of my favorites and one i dedicate to every Veteran:

It’s the Soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press.
It’s the Soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech.
It’s the Soldier, not the politicians that ensures our right to Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.
It’s the Soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag.

Hunker Down said...

Ally,
You would have made one heck of an officer with your smarts, guts and passionate patriotism. Thank you for all of your kind words for our Vets and active serve members. They give everything and ask for nearly nothing. That's how love works, ya know.
You give me too much credit, but I am glad to accept you words of thanks on behalf of the heroes I served with who did give their lives in support of freedom. I will also add that it was my honor and privilege to serve for great Americans like you and your family who contribute greatly to make this the greatest country in human history! Let's keep fighting to keep it great!
You have made my day time and again with your patriotic tweets. Thank you my friend!